Monday 12 December 2011

THE X FACTOR: LITTLE MIX Vs DAMIEN RICE

So last night Little Mix won the coveted X Factor trophy gaining themselves a record deal and single released in time for the Christmas number one spot. The last few years the singles have been covers which have been, mediocre at best...this year is no different really. DON'T GET ME WRONG I love little mix, and I really wanted them to win, but Damien Rice is one of my favorite artists and you just can't turn a folk song into generic pop, especially when the lyrics are so emotional. That said, I just hope little mix do more pop/rnb songs in the future because I think they could be really fantastic as they can all sing amazingly well!! Come on Little Mix, put your stamp on the business!!

I'll leave you with a video of me and my brother performing Cannonball Live nearly a year ago. Hope you like it! And dont forget to leave your comments on the X factor, little mix, and the cover?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=waJ6ohWR6Qk

No comments:

Post a Comment