Saturday 17 September 2011

NO MORE OF THIS OVER PRODUCED CRAP...

So, its been a while since I've done a proper music blog - usually its just me babbling about my recent gigs and songs/covers... I appologise! Today, I'm focusing on real music. The sort of music which doesnt need lots of digital tweaking to make a voice in tune, or effect after effect to make a band sound energetic and in time...

My first love, although many see it as very geeky (I dont really care), is classical music. Currently I'm listening to Ludovica Einduadi's album a lot, and playing a few of his peices on my keyboard (its like a portable grand piano)... I Giorni is by far my favourite ever song, if you've never heard it, heres a clip i found on youtube... if your emotional, this piece of music will definitely bring a tear to your eye and make you think! Truely beautiful...


 Im off to the classical spectacular at the Royal Albert Hall in November, and I'm kinda hoping they play this!!! Im so looking forward to it. I started off playing classical music at about the age of 6 or 7, and it will always have a place in my heart. It amazes me how just one instrument can make you feel a whole array of emotion... Anyway, on to my next piece i wanted to direct you to...

This next piece just makes me cry everytime I hear it, its my favourite song by Andrea Bocelli, I just find it so touching, even though half of it I dont actually know what precisely they're saying, It doesnt matter, and I just find that so amazing about music...no matter what language you speak, you can all share music together...



This next one is a little more 'mainstream' shall we say, but I absolutely love this guy... Damien Rice is just an amazing guitarist, songwriter, and musician in general... this song just speaks for itself, its beautifully written, its timeless, and its emotive, what more could you want from an artist!?


FINALLY, I get to a choir who are just amazing at covering rock songs, but putting a choir twist on them to make them super emotional! If you watch a lot of ITV, you'll have heard their songs on the Downton Abbey adverts, I'll leave you with this fantastic cover (from the second series of Downton Abbey), enjoy...


Anyway, leave your comments :)
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment